Monday 28 March 2016

Natasha Jade Art - The Brick Lane Mug


I'm always on the look out for gifts that offer something a little different. Wine, chocolates, flowers - it's all a little over done. It's lovely to know that someone has thought of you, but how much thought did they actually put into that bottle of wine that was probably on offer at the local supermarket? Or a box of chocolates from a well known brand that is guaranteed to include at least one that you don't like?
I came across Natasha Jade's work via Twitter and it instantly caught my eye. This was something different, something special, and utterly unique.

Based in London, Natasha Jade is inspired by the local area, travel and philosophy - a heady combination that can be seen in the work she creates.

This mug is simply beautiful. I love that it is black and white with incredible detail. It's abstract yet obvious, for want of better words.

The mug feels sturdy in your hand but is delicate to look at. A number of people have commented on how it is unusual, pretty and they've never seen a mug like it. Perfect for at work really, as no one could get away with trying to pinch it!

The mug arrived beautifully wrapped, well packaged, and with a lovely note inviting me to enjoy my Yorkshire Tea in a London mug. And I've done just that!

I absolutely love this mug, and it's definitely the type of gift I would buy for someone I cared about. It is a unique design, not from the shelf in a high street store, and quintessentially British. I like that!

You can view Natasha Jade's other gorgeous mugs here, and I'd definitely recommend it. Very talented, reasonably priced, and utterly gorgeous. Check it out!

L xx





Disclaimer: I was sent this mug for free, for me to use and write a review based on my experience. I was not paid to write this review, and the words and opinions are entirely mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment